Effective date: 3 February 2017
Welcome to FARMHELP App (“FARMHELP,” “we,” “us” or “our”). FARMHELP provides a fast, reliable, easy way for Philippine farmers to receive critical information regarding the health, viability, and wellness of their crops.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your full name, and e-mail address
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows FARMHELP pinpoint your exact location so as to provide location-specific information for your crops.
- User Content (e.g., photos, audio, video, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and FARMHELP.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by FARMHELP.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the FARMHELP application on your device FARMHELP or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside FARMHELP (or the group of companies of which FARMHELP is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We will share your User Content and your information, to any and all agricultural analysts who, as we deep fit, can provide you with analysis relating to, but not limited to, plant disease, progress, soil analysis, weather information, and general agricultural tips. FARMHELP does not, however, guarantee that the information disclosed to the latter will be kept confidential.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that FARMHELP is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Also, your user information and data voluntarily provided may likewise be used in the event that the user makes bogus, false, fraudulent, or otherwise unlawful abuse of the services rendered.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the Philippines or any other country in which FARMHELP, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
5. WAIVER OF LIABILITY
You hereby agree that use of the services provided by FARMHELP and its affiliates constitutes a waiver of any liability that may arise from the use of the Service. You likewise agree that you, your agents, and persons raising claims under your interests are solely responsible for whatever damages, if any, may arise from use of the Service and the information received from the Service. You agree that, while FARMHELP seeks to provide the highest possible quality of service possible, any damage to crops, inaccuracy of reports and analysis, and all liability arising from the use of the Service are to be borne solely by the User.